Lloyds Club History
Lloyds Club was founded in 1920 and has occupied various premises, moving as buildings were redeveloped.
One former address, Duke’s Place, is now under the Aldgate Roundabout and in later years the Club was housed in the Minories and at Carlisle Avenue.
In 2009 the Club became part of the Hampden Group, which has a strong presence in the Lloyds Market, and moved to 42 Crutched Friars a grade II* Listed Building.
Addresses change, but the Club’s raison d’etre remains, providing members with a comfortable and elegant environment in which to relax and entertain clients, colleagues, and friends.